Skip Navigation

10808 130 Street, Surrey, BC V3T 0A7


We are continuing to conduct consultations by Telephone, WhatsApp and Zoom!

Please contact us at 604-588-9800 or by email at with any questions related to your immigration matters.

With the uncertainty that COVID-19 brings we can also help you with preparation of a will. Please call our office for further details.


Express Entry Invitation to Apply as of February 13, 2021

On February 13, 2021, Canada Immigration (IRCC) invited 27,332 people from the Express Entry pool under the Canadian Experience Class. This draw was unprecedented. With the number of people invited the lowest score dropped to 75 points. This compares to 454 points (the lowest score in all rounds of invitations since September 2020).
Please contact us:

•    If you were selected from the pool on February 13 and require assistance with your application
•    If you were not selected, this draw has created opportunities for ALL categories. We may be able to assist you with how to proceed further with your situation.


On April 14, 2021, two new programs were introduced to facilitate Permanent Residency for Foreign Workers with Canadian work experience and Recent International Graduates.

These programs have created an opportunity for many individuals currently in Canada (who may not otherwise qualify for immigration) to apply for permanent residence to Canada. These are temporary programs due to expire before the end of 2021. Please call us if you would like an assessment of your qualifications and how to proceed further.


Recent Changes to the U.S. Policy in Afghanistan.

The US government has announced its intention to withdraw ALL troops from Afghanistan by September of this year. Please contact us if you are seeking immigration status in Canada.


Temporary Status in Canada

Mark & Company can assist you with the following types of temporary status in Canada:

  • Extensions and Restorations (applications from within Canada)
    • Visitor records for Religious workers
    • Study permits for international students
    • Work permits
    • Post graduate work permits
    • Co-op work permits
    • Restorations (for people who have lost their status in Canada)
    • Temporary resident permits
  • Study Permits
  • Temporary Resident Visas (for entry to Canada), including Supervisas
  • Temporary Resident Permits (for people who are inadmissible to Canada)
  • Electronic Travel Authorizations (ETA) – Most travellers from countries not requiring visitor visas (such as Great Britain, Germany, and Australia) now need to be in possession of an Electronic Travel Authorization when travelling to Canada
  • Work Permits
    • Labour Market Impact Assessments and work permits
    • Work permits and visitor records for religious workers
    • Open work permits for spouses of foreign workers
    • Co-op work permits
    • International Free Trade Agreements
      • North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
      • Canada – European Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement (CETA)
      • General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)
      • Canada – Korea Free Trade Agreement
      • Canada – Chile Free Trade Agreement
      • Canada – Columbia Free Trade Agreement
    • Self-employed work permits

International Students

Study permits to Canada have become one of the most important ways that immigrants are able to enter and remain in Canada. With a valid study permit foreign students in Canada may (under some circumstances):

  • Attend college or university in Canada

  • Work in Canada (with valid authorization)

  • Be accompanied by their families

  • Send their children to school in Canada

The completion of a diploma or university degree in Canada may allow a foreign student to:

  • Work in Canada on an open work permit

  • Obtain permanent residence to Canada

Mark & Company can assist clients with:

  • Understanding how the study process works

  • How to take advantage of the opportunities available with respect to work permits and permanent residence

  • Finding an appropriate college or university

  • Preparing applications for study permits, work permits and permanent residence

  • Providing any other advice necessary for studying in Canada

Although students with study permits may work off campus for up to 20 hours per week (without a work permit), these regulations can be confusing and can lead to students working without proper authorization. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this issue.

Foreign Workers

There are many ways to come to Canada as a foreign worker from Labour Market Impact Assessments to International Free Trade Agreements. Canada Immigration also issues work permits to spouses of International students and foreign workers. Once in Canada many foreign workers also qualify for immigration to Canada. We have assisted many foreign workers in:

  • Assessing their options

  • Preparing Labour Market Impact Assessments and work permit applications

  • Assisting the spouses of foreign workers in obtaining open work permits

  • Assisting foreign workers to apply for permanent residence to Canada

Contact Us

Mark & Company Law Corp

10808 130 Street

Surrey, BC V3T 0A7

T: 604-588-9800



Monday - Friday 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Saturday - Sunday Closed

Service Area

Lower Mainland of British Columbia
Fraser Valley of British Columbia
We provide assistance to clients worldwide

Send to a friend

Send the url of this page to a friend of yours

Copyright Mark & Company Law Corp 2021 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice