top of page

Permanent Resident Status in canada

For locally-based representation, Mark & Company’s immigration lawyer in Surrey has many years of experience in the following types of permanent resident applications:

  • Sponsorship Applications
    • Spouse or common-law partners, including same-sex relationships
    • Dependent children
    • Parents and grandparents
    • Adopted children
    • Selected other categories of individuals
  • Express Entry
    • Skilled Worker
    • Skilled Trades
    • Canadian Experience Class
  • Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) Applications
    • Skilled Worker (BC PNP)
    • Entry Level and Semi-Skilled (BC PNP)
    • International Graduate (BC PNP)
    • International Post Graduate (BC PNP)
    • Healthcare Professional (BC PNP)
    • Entrepreneur Program (BC PNP)
  • Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications
  • Home Child Care Provider Pilot / Home Support Worker Pilot
  • Refugee Claimants Working as Health Care Workers During COVID-19
  • Self-employed Applications

When Mark & Company is retained to prepare a permanent resident application we:

Assess the circumstances surrounding a client’s case and plan a suitable immigration strategy

Outline the supporting documentation required

Prepare all immigration forms required for the specific application

Submit the application to the appropriate immigration office

Act as the mailing address for the applicant throughout the immigration process

Prepare all correspondence required throughout the processing of the application

If required, prepare the applicant for interviews with Canada Immigration officers

Meeting Residency Requirements for Permanent Residents of Canada

Maintaining residency requirements is a critical aspect of maintaining one’s permanent resident status in Canada. Although most individuals may be aware of the general rule that a permanent resident must be physically present in Canada for at least two of each five year period, there is a lot of confusion surrounding the rules. This often results (often needlessly) in the loss of permanent resident status. Mark & Company can assist you in:

Assessing residency and how to deal with maintaining residency requirements

Applying for permanent resident cards

Applying for Travel documents (if you are outside of Canada)

Obtaining Canadian Citizenship

Mark & Company can assist clients in preparing their citizenship related applications. This includes:

Citizenship Applications (permanent residents applying for Canadian citizenship)

Citizenship Certificate Applications (individuals born outside of Canada to a Canadian parent)

Citizenship Applications for Adopted Children

Free Initial Telephone Consultation

Gain a better understanding of how we can help you.

bottom of page